October 31, 2023
The Center for Children’s Advocacy has an opening for a full-time Legal Assistant position working out of our Hartford, Connecticut office.
Candidates with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Assist legal staff by drafting correspondence, filing pleadings, creating & maintaining physical files & inputting case information into legal software.
- Answer main phone line in collaboration with Office Manager.
- Work with parents/youth to secure necessary paperwork or releases of information. Assist clients in accessing benefits and securing identity documents.
- Assist legal staff in preparing for trainings.
- Assist in coordinating coursework for law school class.
- Attend partner meetings & events in community as discussed with supervisor.
- Assist with mail process.
- Maintain office appearance.
- Make copies for CCA staff, as needed.
- Set up & coordinate Zoom/Teams meetings as necessary.
- Support Development & Communications team for annual appeal & event management.
We are seeking a candidate who has demonstrated skills in supporting a busy law office. Candidates should have:
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to multitask and prioritize;
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team;
- Proficiency in Office 2016 (Word, PowerPoint & Excel);
- Willing to learn case management system;
- Familiarity with Microsoft Teams and Zoom highly preferred;
- Bachelor’s degree preferred;
- Two or more years of related experience;
- Experience with direct client contact, especially youth and young adults, a plus
- Transportation and work related travel required;
- Fluency in Spanish strongly preferred.
- Commitment to racial justice, educational equity and DEI principles in organizational settings.
Salary range is from $43,800 – 49,200, based on experience, and is in line with other public interest organizations. CCA provides generous paid time off, health and dental benefits. Hybrid/remote work flexibility available.
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.