November 28, 2023
The Center for Children’s Advocacy’s Medical-Legal The Center for Children’s Advocacy has an opening for a part-time Human Resources Generalist position for 10 hours/week.
The HR position will be responsible for the following duties:
- Manage the staffing process, including recruiting, assisting in forming hiring committees for interviewing candidates, including DEI-related questions, checking references and assisting with the onboarding process for new employees.
- Ensure job descriptions are up to date and compliant with all local, state and federal regulations.
- Support the development of training materials to help ensure employees understand their job responsibilities.
- Work with HR consultant, EANE, to provide professional development opportunities for staff and management (e.g. management training on supervision and implicit bias, management skill initiatives etc.).
- Create a compensation strategy for all employees based on market research and pay surveys; keep the strategy up to date, and work with CCA management and Finance Director to establish salary scales and benefits in line with market analysis.
- Ensure the organization’s compliance with local, state and federal regulations.
- Ensure CCA’s Employee Handbook remains up to date and ensure policies are applied consistently and maintain HR systems and processes.
- Maintain company organization charts and employee directory.
- Design and implement employee retention strategies.
- Provide HR-related updates at staff meetings and coordinate with CCA’s DEI Committee to promote diversity, equity and inclusion at the organization.
- Track Employee PTO/Sick Time.
- Conduct exit interviews.
- Work with Benefits Broker to plan CCA’s Annual Benefits Plan; Staff liaison during the year to provide support, advocacy and inquiry for health insurance/FSA claims and benefits including retirement account.
- Point person for employee-related insurance programs – Workers’ Compensation, Unemployment Insurance Benefits claims. Handle and process DOL claims and paperwork with the Finance Director as needed.
- Other tasks as necessary.
We are seeking a candidate who has demonstrated commitment and experience in HR-related fields. Candidates should have:
- A bachelor’s degree in human resources, labor relations, organizational development, business or related area with three or more years of experience in HR-related work.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience with a human resources information system (HRIS), such as Workday, Zoho People, Cloud HR, SmartRecruiters or others.
- Knowledge of a broad range of human resource strategies and practices, including compensation, performance management, safety, hiring and employee relations; able to apply these strategies and practices in compliance with employment regulations.
- Understanding of key DEI concepts and best practices, and ability to create a culture of diversity, inclusivity, collaboration and teamwork.
- Ability to identify, analyze, and resolve complex problems.
- Experience with analyzing data to guide strategic employment planning
Hybrid work experience is available. This position requires a minimum of 4 hours/week in-office.
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and are within the general range of salaries for public interest organizations. Salary range for this position is $37 to $45 per hour depending on expertise and prior experience.
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.View All Center Headlines