(available in the resource library at the Center for Children’s Advocacy or the University of Connecticut School of Law Library)
- Child Witness : Fragile voices in the American Legal System, McGough, Lucy S, Yale University Press (KF 9672 .M37 1994)
- The Child Witness, Perry, Nancy W., Sage Publications (KF 9672 .P465 1991)
- Children, Social Science and the Law, Bottoms, B.; Kotera, M. and McAuliff B., eds, 2002 (KF 3735.C48)
- Expert Witnesses in Child Abuse Cases, Ceci, S. and Hembrooke, H, editors, 1998 (KF 9323.E 96 )
- If DCF is Your Legal Guardian – Topics: Rights of children involved with DCF – Pages: 6 – Source: Legal Assistance Resource Center of Connecticut (12/93); Free – phone (english) 800-453-3320 or (spanish) 800-453-3374
- Improving Outcomes Together: Court and Child Welfare Collaboration – Author: Cecilia Fiermonte, J.D. and the Honorable Nancy Sidote Salyers – Topics: family and juvenile court, child- Source: National Child Welfare Resource Center on Legal and Judicial Issues, June 2005, available at: www.fosteringresults.org/results/reports/pewreports_06-22-05_improvingoutcomes.pdf
- * Juvenile Law: Child Protection in Connecticut Courts – Author: Assistant Attorney General Arthur Webster – Topics: Abuse, Neglect and Uncared For Proceedings; Extensions & Revocations of Commitment; Termination of Parental Rights – Pages: 225 (1998)
- The Law of Child Abuse and Neglect in Connecticut – Author: Paul Chill, Topics: Abuse and Neglect, Termination of Parental Rights (2d ed. 1999-DRAFT) *KFC 3694.5 C53 1997
- Legal Issues in Child Abuse and Neglect Practice – Author: John E. B. Myers, Topics: Prevalence and effects of child maltreatment — The child protection system — Child abuse reporting laws — Investigative interviewing regarding child maltreatment — Investigating suspected child abuse — Balancing the need for confidentiality and the requirements of disclosure — Expert testimony — Cross-examination and impeachment : special accommdations when children testify –Liability of professionals, Pages: 411 (1998)
- * Making Sense of ASFA Regulations: A Roadmap for Effective Implementation,Debra Ratterman Baker et al., American Bar Association, 2001.
- McKinney Vento Act and Awaiting Foster Care Placement
- Memory and Testimony in the Child Witness, Sage Publications, (K 2271.5 .Z9 M46 1995)
- * Navigating the Pathways: lessons and Promising Practices in Linking Alcohol and Drug Services with Child Welfare, Young NK, Gardner, SL, SAMHSA Publication No. SMA-02-36639. Rockville MD: Center for Substance Abuse Treatment, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, April 2002.
- Psychological Evaluations for the Courts – Author: Gary B. Melton, John Petrila, Noman G. Poythress, Christopher Slobogin. Topics: The Techniques of Abuse/Neglect Evaluations. Pages: 794 (1997) Call # KF8922 .P77 1997
- Representing Parties in Child Abuse Proceedings; self study package includes materials plus audio tapes – Connecticut Bar Association Publications. (KFC4167.C5 R47)
- New: Representing Parents in Child Welfare Cases: A Basic Introduction for Attorneys, National Child Welfare Resource Center on Legal and Judicial Issues 2005
- Sharing Information: A Study Guide to Federal Laws on Confidentiality and Disclosure of Information for Child Welfare Agencies – Authors: Alice Bussiere, Abigail English, Catherine Teare, National Center for Youth Law, San Francisco, CA, with the ABA Center on Children and the Law, Washington, D.C.
* – Refer to either Call Numbers at the University of Connecticut School of Law Library or available at the Center for Children’s Advocacy Legal Resource Center. For more information, contact the Center for Children’s Advocacy.