Center for Children’s Advocacy Webinar Series
Invisible Kids during Covid-19 < Click to watch recorded presentation. Please note: due to technical difficulty, webinar introducftion was deleted and video begins with first presenter.
Children who were vulnerable before the pandemic began are suffering even greater disparities in care and opportunity because of school and camp closures. Learn about:
- risks posed to vulnerable children due to shutdown of schools and limited summer programs.
- early warning signs related to abuse and neglect; mental and behavioral health concerns.
- programs, resources, and engagement strategies for vulnerable children.
- Sarah Eagan, Esq, Connecticut Child Advocate
- Nina Livingston, MD, Division Head, Child Abuse & Neglect (SCAN Program), CT Children’s Medical Center
- Regina Dyton, Program Manager, Greater Hartford Family Advocacy Center
- Aldwin Allen, Senior Director, The Village for Families and Children
- Introduction by CCA Deputy Director, Jay Sicklick, Esq.
- Moderated by CCA Operations Director, Stacey Violante Cote, Esq.
- Keeping your Baby Safe in the time of Covid-19, Office of Early Childhood and Office of the Child Advocate
- School Closure Kit, Connecticut Children’s Medical Center
- Engaging Connecticut’s At-Risk and Disconnected K-12 Students during Distance Learning, Village for Families & Children and Clifford Beers
- CT Alliance to End Sexual Violence
- Advocacy Resources, Office of the Child Advocate
- Summertime Safety Flyer, Office of the Child Advocate
- Guidance for Teacher & Counselors,Sarah Rock, JD, Child Abuse Prevention Specialist, and Rachel Gilgoff, MD, Child Abuse Pediatrician
- Child Care Advocacy Statement, Prevention Coalition